Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chicken Nuggets, Chic-Play style

My kids LOVE Chic-Fil-A.  When she was about 3, my daughter dubbed it Chic-Play.  Now, honestly, they don't really eat a whole lot while there, but at least I get to eat without worrying about my kids as they are happily running around the playground.  When there, we always order their chicken nuggets, in my opinion they are definitely the best as far as fast food goes.

In an attempt at making delicious meals that both the adults and kids could enjoy, I concocted a knock off of our favorite nuggets.  They actually came out better than I expected and my entire family loves them.  They are easy too.



Simply, cut your chicken breasts into 1ish inch square pieces.  Coat in an egg wash, coat in flour/bread coating, and fry up.  You can use an actual fryer if you have it (works really easy for these), or if not, heat a few inches of oil in a pan and fry them up on the stove top.  I've never actually timed how long these cook, I simply let them get nice and golden, then pop one out and cut it in half to make sure it's cooked.  To keep this one from drying out, hurry and eat it as well, or feed it to the kid reaching his fingers up trying to snag food while dinner is cooking.

Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!  Delicious chicken nuggets at a fraction of the cost.



1 comment:

  1. YUM! We LOVE chick-fil-a... going to have to try out this recipe! Thanks for sharing it Kimie :)

    ReplyDelete